Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Exciting project

What an exciting project! I can't wait to get started on my own music-drama project. I'm getting close to having the tools. When this happens, I wouldn't be surprised if I said goodbye to prose. I mean, how many hundreds of thousands of words have I written already? Time to write music.
clipped from www.npr.org

Opera Pays Tribute to Mothers of the Disappeared

Morning Edition, November 13, 2007 · An opera dedicated to the trauma of Argentina's Dirty War recently opened in the Argentine town of La Plata, a focus of resistance during the dictatorship that ruled from 1976 to 1983.
The solemn work titled Estaba la Madre or The Mother was There traces the experience of four mothers whose children vanished into the maw of torture and killing during the military junta.
An estimated 30,000 people disappeared or perished during the dictatorship.
The opera opens with the line: "These are the crazy ones." It refers to the mothers of Argentina's Dirty War who have grown old searching for their missing sons and daughters.
 blog it

No comments: