Friday, November 09, 2007

Rossini's Cinderella

I enjoyed this at the Portland Opera last night but not the way I usually enjoy opera. I wasn't wild about the music. What I loved was the comedy, the stagecraft and especially the stage direction. The music, on the other hand, was often so difficult to sing that I thought I was at an athletic event, not a musical event. Impressive but not particularly moving. Yet, I loved this for non-musical reasons.

An exhausting week is near its end. A clear weekend (no student obligations), and I hope to catch up on editing chores and writing, as well as household chores if the weather permits.

Saturday night we see Mamet's "Glengarry Glen Ross," one of the better modern American plays, and we want to catch up on movies.

I'm excited about getting my Christmas gifts packaged early ... a lot of grunt prep to do this. I love my gift idea.

Need to do a little piano practicing before class today but that's my only obligation. I may read this afternoon. I'm doing research for my splay, there's some info I need to make a subplot work, and it's an important subplot so I am making sure I do it right. This actually has slowed down my writing.

In only a month I'll be turning in grades. This is the big between-terms break, about a month. Write, write, write!

No comments: