Monday, November 12, 2007

Soaring spirits

Ever since looking at the TV version of Christmas at the Juniper Tavern after so many years, and discovering I didn't dislike it after all, in fact I loved it (thanks to most of the performances), my spirits have been soaring. I like rediscovering it. I like having written it. I like being honored by such a strong production -- and, of course, getting on the tube to such a large audience. I like the fact that the show still exists so it can reach future audiences. In fact, I'm working to get this on the web, where anyone can watch it. This was a first rate production and deserves wide access.

I feel like I went to a high school reunion and discovered that I was in love with the girl who sat next to me in trig all along. And when you're in love, your spirits soar.

Of course, I'm also a fatalist, a fatalist in a zero-sum universe. So, with soaring spirits, I am a bit worried a tree will fall on me tomorrow to balance the energy. Only kidding, sort of.

I also have been going through some of the play's press as I continue to digitize my scrapbook. I'd forgotten about the AP news wire sheet I have and can't even remember how I got it. Ripped off the teletype machine. The play got national press because the Rajneesh were so much in the news at the time, so this comparison was something of a blessing. This, and my banned labor play, are the two works of mine that got national press. And both for the wrong reasons, of course -- but it's bad karma to argue with good publicity. So I won't.

Sometimes I forget the more fascinating aspects of my mostly marginal career.

No comments: