Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hooray!

It's about time.

I need a high tech classroom, or at least it makes my job easier, and always request one and usually get one. But this term I didn't. So this means to show a video, I push a cart loaded with a DVD player, projector, speaker and various cables all the way across campus to my classroom, use the handicapped ramps to get to the basement elevator, up to my floor, to the other end of the building where the classroom is, where I assembly everything before class. The entire process takes about half an hour. A lot less convenient than walking in with a DVD player to hook to outlets on the wall, everything else already installed in the classroom.

I don't know what kind of classroom I've been assigned for winter term. I have my fingers crossed.

Classrooms scheduled for tech upgrades in 2008

New projectors, high-tech podiums to be installed in more than 100 classrooms

Portland State's Instruction Technology Services Department is updating more than 110 classrooms with new technology services, such as projectors and electronic podiums, in an effort to standardize a high level of technology in both classrooms and departmental offices.
 blog it

No comments: