Friday, July 20, 2012

Once upon a time

Here I am arriving for the opening of my hyperdrama in the Pittock Mansion, Chateau de Mort, 1986. Sold out at $100/ticket, which in Pdx in those days was astronomical, about as high society as the city could get, which was enough to get written up in a Seattle arts magazine in glowing terms. I don't show it but I was a total nervous wreck, here and later and still later. This was my first white tux opening, which became my signature for a few years. Then I returned to my normal slob casual self.

Watch Out, Mama, Hyperdrama's Gonna Mess With Your Pittock Mansion!, my essay about this experience.

Or more seriously, The New Hyperdrama.

Or more seriously still, Changing Key, a video lecture-demonstration.

Hyperdrama drives computer game narratives. Here's Ellen Page on the challenges of acting in a computer game, i.e. in hyperdrama.

No comments: