Thursday, July 26, 2012

Plans

How different my summer turned out to be! The plan was to clean my office right after turning in grades, redesign it, get rid of stuff -- but instead I immediately got sick for 3 weeks. Then I emerge from the sick bed with no energy whatever, drag myself to the doctor, learn my heart isn't functioning right and end up with a pacemaker. Now I have a two-month "recovery" schedule, after which the new term will start.

I'm thinking I still can clean my office next week as long as I'm careful with my left arm. We'll see.

I still marvel at my new energy: not only in the afternoon but, unheard of, late at night as well. Amazing to me. Now to do something with it.

The last thing I did at the hospital was watch the USA-France women's football/soccer game. USA down 2 quick goals! But they came back like champs and won 4-2. But they have weaknesses, though favs for a gold again, they can be beaten and had better be careful.

I tried to watch a streaming soccer game this morning but couldn't connect. Hope that isn't a clue about how it will go.

I'm so damn clear headed I figure something profound should occur to me. It hasn't.

No comments: