Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Last days of a natural man

Feeling really good this morning. But taking it easy, waiting for the heart surgery to be scheduled.

Awoke with opening of poem in my head, "Death of a Natural Man," hmm, wonder where that came from. May fiddle with it today and see if it goes anywhere.

A long neglected household chore to do: clean out my closet and get rid of stuff I no longer wear. A perfect day for it.

We want to get this heart business done before H leaves on her next trip, to Canada end of next week.

Man, the Olympics are close. We have a woman going for her third gold here in town, a fencer. I love all the minor sports more than things like basketball. I doubt if I'll even watch a basketball game, certainly not if rowing or fencing or table tennis is on! I get no kick out of watching amateur millionaires. I want to see some of our Oregon distance runners do well.

As a bionic man, ha ha, I hope I discover a return to the incredible energy of earlier years, or some approximation thereof. I'd love to find a second wind in the creative life.

I bought a Sony HD camcorder on sale,couldn't turn down the price, and it should come this week. Now I have to figure out what to do with it. I now have 3 mini cams. I did a lot of 2 camera shots in Farewell Wake and the Shaw documentary. Now I can do 3 camera shots ha ha.

I'd like to find a voice, or point of view, or angle, to do a series of short videos for my blog, something that would keep my interest. Been looking for this without luck for a couple years. Maybe there's no answer.

Haven't heard from actor reading the novel since he said he was halfway through and liking it.  No rush.

I hope I hear from the hospital today to schedule and get this show on the road.

No comments: