Thursday, July 19, 2012

Norman Brown on Kindle!

At last Brown's Life Against Death released for Kindle. More coming I hope.

First introduced to this as senior at UCLA ... one of texts in Amer Intellectual History. Loved the course and professor who lectured. Did not like Grad Asst who ran the class most of the time. GA read and graded all work except the final. He didnt like me much. I had a C going into the final.

Then an academic miracle. I got a call from the professor after taking the final. He wanted to see my midterm and term paper ... low grades from GA on them. Prof read and changed grades to A! Amazing. Ends up Id written one of best finals hed ever seen esp on Brown and Life Against Death. I got an A and a generous letter of rec to grad school. GA it turns out hated Brown. He and prof always fighting. Ah academia.

Anyway very exciting to reread after all these years.

p.s. up after a bit of sleep .... a little energy ...

No comments: