Monday, July 23, 2012

Last lunch

Old school Chicken Chow Mein
Over the years I've ordered Chicken Chow Mein perhaps a dozen times at a dozen Chinese restaurants in the area and got a dozen different dishes. It can be anything a cook wants it to be. Only one of these resembles the dish I love and grew up on in Southern Calif, one ordered at a hole-in-the-wall restaurant on Main St in Tigard, where H took me to lunch today for my "last meal" ha ha. I don't know why it's so hard to find any more. Bean sprouts, crispy noodles, chicken. Love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with your surgery and I hope your recovery is quick and pain free. I've followed your blog on and off over the years and I hope you continue it.

Ellie from Woodstock

Terry Simons said...

Good luck, CD!

TS