Monday, July 16, 2012

Health report #1

First thanks to those expressing concern ... reason Im dragging around is I have very low pulse 38.... starved heart ... see cardiologist tomorrow ... main doc guess is heart surgery and pacemaker and Im fine with that having witnessed nonlethal stroke of my dad ... no thanks ... hope planned weekend at coast still a go ... well I can insist!

But it depends on the severity of the issue, which likely is blockage. I've had friends go to the cardiologist and end up in surgery an hour later! I've had others go and schedule surgery a week away.  I've had others go and not need surgery at all, getting a less radical procedure to clear arteries. In other words, anything can happen. I could die in my sleep tonight, although dying before the summer Olympics would be a cruel hand even if I've had more than my share of luck.

What me worry? I will say this, on the drive home from the doc's, even in traffic the world looked like a pretty neat place to be. And of course who can discount the welcome of a loyal dog? Sketch knows how to make me laugh.

1 comment:

Anna Guess Pick said...

Not exactly the report I was expecting. Doc Me had decided you had Mono, you'd been overdoing and now would spend the rest of the summer recovering. Hmmm, how could I be so off on this one?

Anyway, get 'er done, and get back on the mend. There are lots of faithfuls out here with you a speedy return full of vim and vigor. I am sure you are leading that parade. Be Well soon.