Monday, February 02, 2009

Notes on the road

Xrays done, waiting for H to finish exercise class. Maybe we can get coffee, or even lunch, before going home.

My one student shooting a video wrote the funniest 10-min. script I've read in ages, a gender satire about 3 young women trying to shoot a video for a contest. I hope the video is as good as the script. I'd like to put the script at least in the summer OLR. Fine work. Nails every gender cliche in the book. I'm impressed.

Pretty much set for the long day of conferences tomorrow. I'll go in at 8.

Going to redesign the song parody blog a tad. Put highlight teasers down the right column, now that I have too much material for the single loading.

I liked my interview with Just Out. I hope they publish more than sound bites.

Waiting, I also outlined the remaining sequences in the splay. Only 15 pages to go. I should finish in a week or two, a week to rewrite, and if everything is in order, mail to my agent and start the next one. I want the screenwriting part of my life to blossom now, first with the director/producer, which would be a major networking connection. We'll see. Nothing is ever as it seems in this business, so I'm letting myself get carried away, but it's been pretty slow in recent years, time to bust out like in earlier days.

I've got 3 new splay ideas I like, one requires more research, so two to choose among for the next one. I'll try a sequence outline of each and see which is more together at this early stage and go with that one.

India is coming out with a $20 laptop. I'd look into that if it happens, for net stuff. For writing, there really is no reason to quit this wonderful AlphaSmart, a superb tool for what it does. Have I said I love it? There's a net version now but I don't want to pay $350 for it with cheap laptops available. Especially since it doesn' run on the AAA batteries, the 700 hour battery life being a major benefit of this one. This is an early model, the AlphaSmart 3000.

If I can get out of debt via screenwriting now, I'll be deliriously happy. To leave H debt free, what a joy that would be.

I'm enjoying Facebook. Love the interface. Doing more networking than I normally do.

H should be finished soon. Onward.

No comments: