Sunday, February 15, 2009

No rehearsal

One of the actors is sick, so I'm canceling tomorrow's rehearsal. This actually is a blessing in disguise because I'm swamped and have been trying to figure out how to fit REVOLUTIONARY ROAD into the picture. Now I think I can go today to the first showing. I can read papers tomorrow instead of rehearsing. Onward!


An interesting invitation. A conservative talk show host wants me to come on her show and sing some song parodies about the mayor. My God! I can't think of another context in the world when such a person would want me on her show. Politics makes strange bedfellows and all that. A writer's curiosity wants me to say Yes but on the other hand, at the moment there are probably more liberal fascists in town than conservative fascists and I'd just be feeding them by such an appearance, and who needs the hassle, which is to say, more hate mail? I'm doing my songs to stay sane, not to get publicity. So alas, I guess I'll pass despite the curiosity. Politics is pissing in public and I'd just put myself in the line of fire. What an amazing invitation nonetheless.

No comments: