Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nice surprise

The continuing sales of my electronic screenwriting tutorial/ebook get deposited automatically by the firm I have managing same, and last month's sales were good, I just discovered. One never knows, no rhyme nor reason to any of it. But it's always good to find more money in your account than you expected. The nice thing here, of course, is that I get 95% of the money, not 10% (print books). It's the most consistent long-range money-maker of my career, as strange as this seems to me, and it remains IMHO the most thorough and unique screenwriting educational tool on the market, even though it's been around so long. I thought some corporation would have copied my approach years ago and with a "prettier" product with more bells and whistles, blown me out of the water. Not the case. This is amazing to me! I must be farther ahead of the curve on this than I thought.

The product is Screenwright: the craft of screenwriting, and it's a steal. And I have a large number of happy customers.

"If you are interested in writing screenplays, I cannot recommend this course highly enough....For the first time (to my knowledge) the "book" is written for the way one works rather than expecting one to follow the author's suggested line of thought....I was prompted to go back and do further work on one of my screenplays which I had thought finished. How do you put a price on that? Charles has done a superb job compiling as much as one needs to know to write a screenplay. It is a trove of information and guidance. Just add your own story." Cam Eason, The Book Nook

"If you're new to this screenwriting thing, unsure of yourself and the jargon, and you need some straight talk about your career path, start with Screenwright. Charles is friendly, an experienced teacher and writer. He gives you a broad spectrum of what this business is all about, from what a concept is, to how to write with a partner, to how to write a query letter. ... Charles' course is well worth the amazingly-low price ... If you're a beginner, or know a friend who needs an introductory course that's friendly yet thorough in the way it touches upon a little of everything, give yourself or your friend a great gift -- Screenwright." Christine DeSmet, Wisconsin Screenwriters Forum newsletter.

"one of the coolest writing 'books' around. ... it's a hypertext book. Not an e-book. But something all together original and a perfect format for what Deemer's attempting in the book. It's set up like a website, only you don't have to be online to run it. But there's hyperlinks leading through different paths of the book so that you pretty much make your own way through the course, learning based on your own tendencies as a writer." Rob's Writing Pains.

"Just wanted you to know I received a great tutorial and bargain, when your screenwriting Software arrived in the mail last week. As a curious and creative (but didn't know it) person, I've always felt cheated and uneducated by the 'miseducation' system. But I find the creative education in your software to be exciting, rewarding and endless. Also, thanks for reminding me and being up-front about the 'business'. You're absolutely right, most teachers would sugarcoat it....Thanks again for the great tutorial program! P.S. This is the best classroom I've ever been in!" R.A., Screenwright purchaser.

"What a stupendously successful effort. You know, in many ways it's better than most of the screenwriting classes I took way back when in the UCLA film program. I am totally blown away..." K.M.E., screenwriter.

No comments: