Wednesday, February 04, 2009

To work!

As much as I enjoy reading midterms, I am getting a slow start this morning. That's okay. I'm still recovering from the marathon of conferences yesterday. I'll get upstairs and start reading any moment now.

Tomorrow in class, if the class is typical, I'll have a lot of students read their short midterm scripts. A kind of celebration. We're halfway through the term and look!, so many of you have begun writing like screenwriters and not like the prose writers you were five weeks ago. You're getting there!

The last half of the term is tougher, at least on me, than the first half. The reward, in this case, is Spring and better weather.

I see WW published my letter-to-the-editor re the mayor scandal in its hard copy today, so I suppose I should brace up for a bit of hate mail. Usually happens. My progressive colleagues hate "turncoats" more than they hate their true opposition. I remain mystified why so many care so little about fraud and insist on hallucinating that all this has mostly to do with sex. Sex no. Fraud yes.

Well, a couple chores and to work!

No comments: