Saturday, February 14, 2009

Battery charge

My energy level has dropped considerably since 6 a.m. when I was full of piss and vinegar. Consequently I'm not getting the work done I'd hoped to do today. I've really noticed my need for "naps" in the past year or so, though I actually don't yet take them regularly. I usually just mope around instead. I think I need to guard the first 4 or 5 hours I'm awake more selfishly and work then, before I run out of creative steam. Yesterday, in contrast, was a terrific day, got a ton done. Getting tired is not something I'm used to, so I'm still adjusting and looking for the new rhythm to get past it, around it, over it, through it. My damn knee is a pain in the, well, knee, and while I realize I've been hugely fortunate with my health over the years, I don't like the new restrictions on my mobility. I may be in that time of life when everything just keeps getting worse.

No comments: