Thursday, February 05, 2009

An imagined dialogue about our mayor

CD: You voted for Obama.
X: Correct.
CD: How on earth can you support the mayor?
X: There's no contradiction.
CD: Of course there is. There's no doubt, at the very least, he violated the city's Code of Ethics on several counts. I think he also is guilty of fraud, of knowingly lying and falsifying information about his own character before the election because he knew the truth would hurt him politically.
X: His private life is no one's business.
CD: I'm not talking about his private life. I'm talking about his PUBLIC life. I'm talking about breaking the Code of Ethics and orchestrating a fraudulent election.
X: We need the guy's ideas and skills and energy, especially in times like these. Cut him some slack.
CD: We need ethical politicians, especially in times like these. A new age is trying to be born. His behavior goes against everything Obama stands for.
X: I still think he's the best man for the job right now.
CD: Look at the double standard here. A few years ago we fired the police chief for impropriety less damaging than possible Sexual Abuse III.
X: That hasn't been determined yet.
CD: True. If the mayor is accused with Sexual Abuse III, will you still support him?
X: I'll cross that bridge when it comes.
CD: I'm very disappointed with you.
X: And I with you, siding with all the homophobic crazies in this town.
CD: No, this isn't about sex. This is about lying and fraud.
X: I still support him.
CD: I think you are saying the ends justify the means. I'm surprised you don't want to torture terrorists to get important information from them.
X: Fuck you.
CD: Welcome to the age of Obama. How did Portland miss it?

No comments: