Sunday, July 15, 2007

Surprises

Once a year H gets together with two of her dearest and oldest friends, one of whom now lives in Canada, the other in California. This year the reunion is in Oregon, and the two arrived yesterday. They head out to the beach for a few days tomorrow. Meanwhile, last night, I was left to my own devices, so drifted into the Corbett Fish House for dinner when I ran into one of my favorite ex-students (a grad student) and her recent husband, whom I'd never met. They invited me to their table, and we had a great time catching up. Ends up they are fans of the fish house, as we are, so we'll try to do dinner together there this summer.

A shoot this afternoon, a scene from Honky Tonk, working with one of the actresses for the first time. Meanwhile going to play in Finale, seeing what sounds I can create from an oboe and also from a baritone sax.

No comments: