Saturday, July 21, 2007

Hectic days

Hmm, no entry yesterday. That's how busy I am.

First, surprising news. I've been offered a contract by an agency in Sherman Oaks, probably the "best situated" agency I've heard from in years. They are especially interested in "The Brazen Wing" and "Ullie@phishing.scam." Yeah, I'm signing with them. Why not? But how many damn agents have I had over the years? Too many to count. Only a handful actually did something for me. However, it's one of the parameters of the writing game. And, like I say, this one is better situated than my recent relationships in this regard.

Thursday finished shooting Scrapple -- and the ending finally came together! For the first time, actually -- we got it just messing and playing with it, not quite improv but free form. And I think this one may turn out better than the last.

And I finished the first rough cut of the Mary Flower piece. Probably the highlight of the summer (actually I hope not: I'd like one of the dramatic pieces to turn out best of the summer) because she is so damn good, mostly what I have to do is stay out of her way! This definitely is a piece that could be over-edited. Yet, I want to make it interesting. The rough cut looks really good. It's long and will be a huge file: an 18-minute piece, about half of which are complete songs. The hard part will be saving this for December and the review! I may show it around privately before then.

Today H is doing art at a Saturday market all day, so I am going to cook up some kind of feast or other, between editing things. I finished the first part of Scrapple, which will be in 3 or 4 parts, looks like. Again, the music is the fun part. A trombone I added at the end! Sounds better than it reads.

Well, busy busy. Onward.

No comments: