Sunday, July 22, 2007

Leave the camera home

About ready to head downtown for some gallery hopping before a movie ("Once"). Preparing to go, I automatically reached for the Flip camera. Oops. That would turn the afternoon into work, and I need a day off. Leave the camera at home!

I outlined a new short, "Like Mother, Like Daughter," based on my play Waitresses, which picked up some awards 20 odd years ago. I can cast the two leads from actors I've already worked with this summer, and the 3 minor characters can be cast the same or with new auditions -- but the two women are the focus, and I have them (Judith Richmond and Kate Mura).

Have my contract signed and ready to mail. Do this on the way to town. Yet another "marriage" with an agent begins. Serial monogamy run amuck. But I do need to write some new screenplays, or rework some old ways, to take advantage of this good, new connection.

The grass has just about stopped growing for the summer, at least at its earlier fanatical rate. A good thing, given how busy I am.

No comments: