Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A good day

Had a good day. Mellowed out in the afternoon, thanks in part to a short jazz cruise, then had a great interview for my essay and later brainstormed with an actor about founding an organization for those shooting films with The Flip, see if we can get some networking going in the large picture and in the small form a resident company of talent on which to draw. The latter is being done in practice since already I am casting actors I've used in future projects.

I'll be directing my first short from someone else's script. I'm adapting a short play by John Donnelly, a fine actor (Scrapple...) as well as a playwright.

And Hollie Olson is searching for the location for her script, Piano Bar, which I'll also direct. She will star.

I have one more interview I want to do. It's time to dig into the newspaper archives.

No comments: