Monday, June 04, 2007

This, that and the other

Mary Flower (see below) loves the review and would be delighted to be interviewed once she returns from an upcoming tour of the UK. I'll do video interview later in the summer for the winter/spring issue. Great news.

Ah, my visit with Joe the publisher. He's such a character, it's always a trip. Alas, he cannot tango and so can't be my dancer. I'll advertise for one. He also couldn't understand WHY I am doing my summer projects: that is, he doesn't understand making a product that you can't and/or won't sell. Baffled by the concept. Art v. commerce, an old story. Nice to be reminded of the unreformed capitalist point of view, however. In the academic and artistic communities, you can forget about it.

I did convince him to let me shoot a quick shot for possible future use. I have him on the phone, looking like a mob boss, saying, "I don't care what you do. Just take care of it!" I'm building a library of stock shots for future projects.

Have to inspect some dvds for showing in class tomorrow. Onward.

No comments: