Friday, June 01, 2007

Learning curve

Last night I did a bit of an editing tutorial in Adobe Premiere Elements ... what an amazing program! It's astounding how much editing power and control you can get for so little money today. A few hundred dollars and you have everything you need in hardware and software to go out and shoot a movie.

I don't have many senior actors thus far but the ones I do have are very enthusiastic. I'm already writing a specific role for one of them.

Today, however, I must begin focusing on other things. I get my new teeth this morning, and then I have to get ready for piano class, for which I am totally unprepared at this moment. In an hour, I think I'll be fine ... and I'm assuming I'll have an hour between the dentist and the class.

I get something of a breather from school now, not picking up final scripts until next Thursday. Then it's all reading and grading for keeps, with a trip to L.A. sandwiched in the middle. Staying with old friends, going to a wedding involving all of H's relatives. When I return, finish up grading and then start my screen tests, cast and start shooting.

No comments: