Friday, June 15, 2007

Screen tests

A productive day. Found an actor whom I'll be using in several scripts. Meet tomorrow with a promising actress, and if she works out as well as I suspect, I'll be in business for at least one script. I think I have a second male as well, which means I would have two cast and with a young actress I could have three. Looking good.

I am going to rehearse the hell out of my actors before I shoot. I want lines natural and automatic. I want everything low key and loaded with subtext. Well, I don't want to over-rehearse, but I don't want "cold" or even "cool" performances on location. I want the material to be in their pours. If we rehearse for a month and shoot in two hours, so be it. But I think we might be able to get it in about three one-hour rehearsals for a ten minute piece, then I'll overshoot the hell out of it. The main thing is to allow time for all the subtle stuff to come through in their attitudes and expressions.

No comments: