Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Screen tests

Another productive day. Found the young woman to use in "Moments," I think. Looking at 3 older women for the mother later in the week.

Also rec'd a small tripod I ordered made to order for a small camera without a tripod connector, an ingenious design I can use with any tripod. I love inventors who solve problems so elegantly. Also rec'd a book on all the special effects available in my editing software and it is overwhelming. I'll never use 90% of them (I'm not a big SFX guy) but it's great to know I can split screens, use mattes, distort audio and such. My mind races with the possibilities.

I made progress on the review this morning, getting two artists up. Two more to go. Then some finishing up on every section except Poetry -- and THEN I tackle Poetry, by far the hardest section this issue. It may take me a week to get together. But I should just make our July 1 deadline!

The video section is done and looks great. Great interview by editor JMM.

No comments: