Monday, June 04, 2007

Pre-production

Looked again at the sequence edited for sound levels and it's not as bad as I thought it was yesterday. Moreover, when I throw some music under it, it's probably workable, though I would never do that just to save it -- I'd need a story reason to do it. Everything has to serve the purposes of the story.

I think my shooting strategy will be to shoot every scene six ways: a two shot, close and medium on each of two actors (keeping camera on for both dialog and reaction), and some specialized shots such as moving camera and peculiar close ups or odd angles. If I can't cut a scene from that ...

Six times ten minutes is an hour. So a few hours shooting ought to cover it. For the two old guys at breakfast, I bet one session of two hours would give me everything I need, what with just one location. Hell, Dick and I used to have two-hour breakfasts as a matter of course if we were drinking Clam Diggers ha ha.

CLAM DIGGER

ingredients:
• Several dashes TABASCO SAUCE ®
• 4 oz. V-8 juice
• 2 tsp. lemon juice
• 1 1/2 oz. clam juice
• 1 1/2 oz. vodka
Pinch freshly ground white pepper
Dash Worcestershire sauce

Mixing instructions:
Mix all ingredients with cracked ice in a mixing glass and pour into a chilled highball glass.

No comments: