Thursday, June 07, 2007

Still crazy after all these years

Harriet opened in a group show at Blackfish Gallery last night, her most prestigious company to date. I went with the Flip and ended up with over 60 video clips, so I'm putting something together to continue getting used to the editing software. This will be my first real "project" with camera and software.

I have the craziest idea I've had in years. The Brazen Wing is my favorite screenplay -- in fact, I recently heard from an agent who admires it -- but damn near impossible to sell because of the age of its two main characters. Soooo....what if I found a retired couple, both actors, and one summer the four of us took off to Idaho and the southwest, the required locations of the story, and filmed it ourselves. I could cast the other parts locally. There is nothing particularly difficult in it. Mostly it's taking the leads to spectacular settings. I know I could shoot it myself. All I need is a couple, both actors, who want to camp for a month or six weeks. We could do it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go for it