Saturday, June 16, 2007

Making progress

Have most of my grades in ... some online advanced students to wrap up, and I'm done. Should get to them this afternoon.

Audition an actress this morning. She has great enthusiasm and a solid background. If she works out, then I'll have my two country singers for "Honky Tonk." Also close to casting "Sunset Hearts" and "Scrapple, Grits, Biscuits & Gravy." I might be able to cast "Moments" from auditions next week. I also want to write a piano bar piece for a particular actress and another special piece for the actor I auditioned yesterday. These are six projects, more than enough for the summer, I think. Now I need to find locations for various scenes. Been thinking about this and have places in mind, some to check out, others to get permissions to use.

But next week I also have to get the review out.

Bad news from a collaborator. He missed a deadline and this morning I found out why: his long-term relationship ended. An old flame of the woman showed up, and she left my friend to marry the other guy! Ah, the heart has its own hidden energies, which can flare up at any moment.

No comments: