Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Creative spamming

I've noticed that spammers are getting much more creative. For example, recently I've rec'd spams with the following in the subject line: "For the Editor" ... "About your story" ... "Screenwriter wanted" ... and in each case, the contents was a price list for an online drugstore. I fail to understand the logic of this, thinking that all I have to do is check the contents to become a customer, while it fact I am doubly annoyed by the trick. Perhaps they, the spammers, get paid by the number of emails opened, so they don't care if I'm pissed or not.

I still have a few more scripts to grade but I'm pooped for the day. Back at it first thing in the morning. I should be able to finish the finals tomorrow, then hit my online students on Friday and get grades in the same day.

I have eleven screen tests scheduled. I need four actors from them and hopefully more, for the other projects lined up. I have some major rewriting to do in one of the first scripts to tape, however. Maybe I'll do that tonight.

No comments: