Sunday, May 03, 2009

Offline yesterday

[offline] Small change of plans. Movie first, then to mortgage fair to get a feeling for what the field is like regarding our refinancing. Missing Derby but taping it to watch when we get home.

I couldn't be more pleased with the eee pc! At less than $150, what a deal! Woot has incredible one-day deals like this. The surprise, as I said before, is that the keyboard isn't bad for touch typing at all. I'll do more writing on this than I thought as a result.

Not sure what film we're seeing. H's pick. I think it's the new Michael Cane movie.

This subnotebook will change my routine. I see myself writing more upstairs now. I'm on the sofa now, for example, and the eee pc is plugged in – works great. I like OpenOffice but I knew that already. I increased the screen to 130% to make the letters bigger for my old eyes, also works great. I'm getting to where I type almost as fast as on a full-sized keyboard, which clearly is the surprise beyond my expectations. I'd read so much about the small keyboard. The two things to get used to are the locations of the right shift and left cap locks, which I seem to hit while going for other things. Very small hassle. The wireless card is fast and powerful. At Starbucks I was even picking up McD's wireless down the road. Yes, I am a hugely happy customer! A dream machine for $150!

No comments: