Sunday, January 04, 2009

Treading water

The challenge today, later, is to get out of my waiting-for-school-funk. I can begin by looking at the splay in progress, ignored for several months now. Have about half in draft, read it, evaluate it, see where I am. I ought to be able to do this today and perhaps get a sense of being more useful than I've been feeling.

But tomorrow, a new week starts with lots of action, my first class, First Wednesday to shoot, the last scene of the mocku to prepare for. Back into my routine. At long last.

Monday also is the 25th anniversary of the opening of Christmas at the Juniper Tavern. Ah, all the hoopla faded long ago ha ha. Just as well, as a matter of fact. Most of it misinterpreted the play! Nonetheless, twas a great experience to have. Much to learn in moments like that. No wonder Salinger and Pynchon hid out.

No comments: