Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Thinking about video

I can't get away from it. Beginning my break from video, I find myself thinking about how to use the unusual, image-driven, layered, non-linear film narrative style of Peter Watkins (especially in EDVARD MUNCH) in my own work. I think I'll try it out with one of John's shorts down the road, something small enough to handle.

Many of my students were blown away by CITIZEN RUTH. As well they should be if they'd never seen it before.

Good energy this week. Wonderful positive if slightly and minimally qualified review by one of our mocku actors ... 3-1 favorable thus far, from the cast.

Hopefully time for my writing projects tomorrow, even if I do just a page or several. During office hours I made a sequence outline for the new splay idea.

No comments: