Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sunday storm

This evening we had a genuine thunder storm, something we don't often see here in Portland. I love storms but would have liked this one more if the dog wasn't so freaked out by it. But it's come and gone, and Sketch is cuddled up on his doggy blanket.

I've become obsessed with the new splay, working steadily on it for a while, taking a chore break to brood about it, then returning to write. Haven't touched the piano in two days. I'm at the midpoint and making good progress but tomorrow I definitely want to put some hours in on the keyboard.

No July 4 plans. I'm not big on this particular holiday, primarily because of the fireworks. I've never been able to enjoy fireworks since spending the 4th in a VA Hospital in 1994 and watching Vietnam vets dive for cover with each explosion, yelling "Incoming!" That took the fun out of fireworks for me. Sketch hates fireworks more than he hates storms, so I usually spend the night comforting the dog.

No comments: