Thursday, June 12, 2008

Taking a breather

Well, I put in most of my grades this afternoon. Some loose ends with my advanced, online students to take care of, then I'm done. Also did more video editing today and even managed to practice piano and play with the dog. A few days of good weather again! We take what we can get these days.

Tomorrow is piano class, which takes up the morning, but hopefully in the afternoon I can wrap up my classes. Saturday I have to print out the screenplay and do the rewrite I owe my agent -- I definitely have to get this off to him as an attachment by Sunday night. Monday morning, then, I can begin the summer routine in earnest. I'm excited about the new studies and projects I have going, and I also hope to re-engage my enthusiasm for some unfinished writing projects. I know I'm going to enjoy this summer.

H was off to visit a friend in the country. She's picking me up for dinner, which will be good. I don't have to cook. I don't like "just cooking" -- when I cook, I like it to be a big project, and I like to start by going shopping, not using things already around the house. Consequently I don't do much day-to-day cooking, except breakfasts. I always make breakfast. Primarily because H is still in bed when I make it! Then she re-heats hers later. It's no big deal, just part of our routine.

I'm very pleased with the large section of video readings from the Skagit River Poetry Festival that's featured in the new review. 11 poets are featured, including David Wagoner and Lorna Crozier. Then we have others reading on video apart from the festival.

Ah, summer may actually arrive after all.

No comments: