Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Video editing

Managed to edit three readings this morning. A 3-minute reading seems to take about half an hour to get together into a finished media file ready to upload. I'm doing a bare minimum of effects, usually a slow zoom. I'll try some other things so they don't all look alike but I'm also rushing for time, probably have 10 or 12 hrs. of editing to do. But I also have time, starting this weekend after my grades are in.

I took a peek at the room pre-assigned for fall, and it simply won't do. It's in one of the new buildings off campus, which is fine, but they gave me a non-tech room, which is NOT fine at all. I'd have a long way to drag my equipment there to show videos. I don't know why it's so hard for them to give me a room that works for me. One or two of my three terms a year, there seems to be a problem requiring a room change. I always get what I need, so why don't they just do it in the first place? I always REQUEST what I need but apparently no one reads this part of the form. I don't get it.

I need to take a deep breath after grades are in and figure out my schedule. I have the silent movie to rehearse and shoot, too. Lots going on -- but all of it exciting to me. I like being busy as long as I'm excited about it.

No comments: