Saturday, June 14, 2008

First barbecue

Last evening was our first barbecue of the season. Nothing fancy, hot dogs, but it was nice to crank it out and enjoy the deck. The deck is one of the great features of the house, and fortunately it's on the east side. All the new house going into the ripped out apple orchard are on the west side. So we can sit on the deck and not have to be aware of our ugly new neighbors. I hope to spend some time out there this afternoon, reading my screenplay, first deciding what to keep and what has to be changed for the new rewrite.

First, though, some school chores to wrap up. A feature draft to read and comment upon. I can do that while my last video file is rendering, which I edited this morning, a nice interview by Primus of jazz pianist and composer Darryl Grant. Great stuff. It's a strong issue, again, though once again the early strength of the music section is not there. I have no idea what happened to our music editor. He must be going through some kind of personal crisis down there in L.A., trying to make it as a composer. I'll begin the search for a new editor right away and do it myself until I find one. Sad -- he's a very talented guy. His lack of communication is what upsets me most. A lack of professionalism I didn't see in him.

Oh well. Onward.

No comments: