Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Office hours

Ah, back in the routine in my wonderful windowless office! I love it. Eager to face the new class and deliver my usual opening lecture on the place of screenwriting in the world of writing. And my dear old friend Phyllis, who must be in her late 70s if not 80s by now, is taking my class, though who the hell knows why since she's done something I haven't done, which is have a feature produced. I've just had shorts produced, the six features I optioned never making it to screen. At least I optioned them back in the "good old days" when you could make real money this way, before the buyers' market changed everything (which means to writers for the worse -- all changes in the film industry mean "for the worse" to writers!). It will be nice to visit with her if nothing else.

I volunteered to sit at an information table after lunch. Why not? Do something different.

No comments: