Saturday, September 18, 2010

Weekend break

Last night I saw the most entertaining football game of the season thus far. Nevada of the non-BCS conference WAC beat up on California of the mighty Pac-10. I loved it. I should be a Pac-10 loyalist but I'm not when smaller conferences in the west play. I'm almost always for whatever makes the BCS look as stupid as it is. And Nevada runs the exciting "pistol offense" with a senior QB who owns it. After he ran for a touchdown, an announcer said, "How about that! He handed the ball to the official. You don't see that much of that any more." One of the things wrong with modern football.

A good if somewhat complicated afternoon shoot yesterday. My rough edit, which I like as a stand-alone sequence, is 7 minutes long, which I think will be too long within the context of the whole film. We'll see.

Massachusetts is giving Michigan a game so far, another possible upset. Lots of games to check in on today. I don't get Portland State at Oregon, which is just as well.. This one may get ugly.

No comments: