Monday, September 13, 2010

No high like an ending

Man, this ending is perfect in tone and action ... I'm sure of it now. I knew I'd eventually come up with something that worked, experience told me so, but this is better than what I expected because, in a dark comedy that could easily turn into dark drama, this ending actually is an existential upper, which is quite out of character for me ha ha. I love it. It come completely out of the material, thoroughly organic, and yet it's strikingly personal, though no one will know that. It's just right on. Amazing, actually, to find it so suddenly. It's about my sixth notion for an ending along the journey. I guess the sixth time is the charm.

And with the ending more FUN than I first thought it would be, I somehow am energized as an actor as well.

Well. Let's not get too excited. If I screw up filming the wake itself, the entire project will crash. Same with the vital last scene between the brothers. Lots of ways to screw up yet.

But if I don't screw up, by the gods, I have one terrific ending!

No comments: