Thursday, September 09, 2010

Off to the country

A trip into the country for today's shoot. Will be fun. Hope it doesn't rain but can deal with it if it does.

Only two real major hurdles left: the technical challenge of filming the wake and the dramatic challenge of filming the final scene between the brothers. The rest of the pieces are important but less challenging.

I like everything I have so far. Some very fine performances.

The best of worlds: I think it can be said, when I'm done, that whatever is wrong with it is my fault, not one or more actors' fault, and this is how I want it. I'd love to work with some of these actors again but I doubt if I'll do another feature. Not sure I'd have the energy for it, let alone a workable idea. I think after this I return to the chamber opera and Alice animation, which of course is its own challenge.

No comments: