Saturday, September 11, 2010

Entering the day

I had a fine contemplative, meditative cruise this morning. It's a good way to start the day, reflecting on one's blessings.

Should be a mellow day, a lot of good college games to watch, a break to go to my reading, out to dinner afterwards and then home for the UCLA game.

I'm much more comfortable this season rooting for my UCLA alma mater rather than my Univ of Oregon alma mater because I so much disapprove of the Nike influence at the latter. It's a bummer because I "want" to root for the Ducks, and do in a half-hearted way, but  my enthusiasm is compromised by the designer uniforms, financial chains, and other negative contributions of the mega-corporation to the university's major sports programs. It will take a very strong and principled university president to bring this to an end and, to be honest, I'm not sure such a president exists any more in the major college sports arena. Everything has become so corporate and corrupt.

I watched the hour rough cut early this morning. Like it. Only a few things I may want to change.

No comments: