Friday, September 10, 2010

Prepare to perform

I don't perform all that often any more, so I like to be prepared when I do. And tomorrow at 4 I am reading, by invitation, at the McMenamin's sponsored celebration and festival in NW. McM's continue to be fans of mine in memory of the old days, which is to say several decades ago when I used them as a kind of office. At any rate, I think I will read two comic poems, a diversion for me from the usual northwest play thing. I'm thinking of reading "The West Meets East Talking Misery Blues" with minor editing for a family environment, and "Advice to an Artist on Choosing a Wife." I'll time them today and see if it works.

Yesterday's shoot was my greatest challenge yet in editing. I didn't do a good job of setting things up right for the actors, there's too much unnecessary information in the scene. However, I did manage to edit it into something that makes an important emotional point and I figured a way to set it up differently with the scene that comes before it, which I shoot Oct 1, so I think I'll be okay. This is the first real problem I've had with editing a scene, however. I should be so lucky.

Next week I shoot Monday, Tuesday and Friday.

No comments: