Thursday, September 02, 2010

College football

As corrupt and corporate as college football has become, I still feel excited about the season starting tonight. Old habits die hard. And I miss my old buddy Tom Campbell, the Oklahoma fanatic, because no one enjoyed college football more than he and through the 80s it was our habit to see the first game of the season together at Nobby's. If I get sick of college corruption, I see that cable is showing a ton of high school games this season.

Taking a needed break from editing, is what I'm up to tonight. College football is as good an escape as anything.

Oh yes. McMenamin's, the local tavern phenomenon, wants me to read at their annual Stumptown celebration in NW and I agreed. Their "Tavern and Pool" establishment in northwest was one of my homes through the 80s, along with Nobby's and Seafood Mama's. They like to think I wrote all my plays in their tavern. Close actually, in terms of conception and brooding.

No comments: