Monday, March 15, 2010

Breathing space

Caught up on the main body of students. Did some yard work but pooped out rather quickly, gets harder every year.

Have lined up a video profile of Kim Stafford, taping in April, and I'm excited about it because he's up to some new and interesting things. I really want to do a good job on it.

Lots of first games I'm interested in, though the odds say all the teams I'll be rooting for will lose. But maybe not.

Picked up THE EDUCATED IMAGINATION by Northrop Frye. Frye was the God of Critics when I was in grad school, his THE ANATOMY OF CRITICISM, if I recall the title, quite the rage. Be interesting how he reads to me now.

I also feel the periodic urge to return to Norman Brown and reread LOVE'S BODY. I've been thinking of a chamber opera around its themes -- after I finish LIFE IS A NICE PLACE TO VISIT, which i must must must get back to.

By the gods, it's a lovely day!

No comments: