Monday, March 08, 2010

Big dance

There's talk of expanding the NCAA tournament, which I think would be a huge mistake. I don't like the 65th team and extra game they added a few years ago. They also must, absolutely must, keep the automatic bids from the conferences because this is what brings the small teams into the tourny. I wouldn't mind if they got rid of the conference playoffs and sent the regular season winners, however. But this is not a major issue with me. Keeping small teams in and the tournament the size it is, these are important issues to me. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." This is the best sports championship process we have for any sport. Why mess with it?

This afternoon, the Connecticut women go for consecutive win 71, I believe it is, the most by a women't team in history. UCLA men have the all time record with 88, which certainly is within reach. I hope the women win 100! This is an amazing team.


In a semi-funk today, hard getting started on anything. Pick the banjo up, put the banjo down. Stare at some reading I have to do. Stare at the pile of tax stuff I have to do. Maybe I'm resting for the big grading marathon coming up.

No comments: