Thursday, March 11, 2010

Banjo on my own

Last night was my first Wed. night without a banjo lesson. Miss it. But I don't want to spend the money for private lessons, so I'm on my own. I think I'll be fine and when I can take an advanced group lesson, I will.

My initial strategy is this: I've found tabs for different arrangements of three of our class songs, so I'm learning these. Then I'll combine each with Leela's class arrangement and have something a little different, perhaps even adding some of my own touches. At any rate, I think it's good to learn different approaches to the same song. Also, these tabs are a bit more advanced, using lots of drop thumbing.

I've been practicing a lot this morning, as a matter of fact. I think I'll drive in, rather than park and ride, because I'll have a huge stack of projects to carry, which can be a hassle on a crowded bus. Also I'll likely end class early, and the bus I prefer only comes once an hour.

A mellow morning, all in all. Should be a fun class. Then it's grading time.

No comments: