Sunday, December 14, 2008

Summer project

Getting very excited about my new summer project, wrote 7 pages today. It's a story-within-a-story, it's both in color and B&W, it deals with contemporary issues, it's a serious drama, and it owes two debts, to THE LAST PICTURE SHOW and to THE FRENCH LIEUTENANT'S WOMAN, two of my favorite films, and it incorporates an adaptation of my play Waitresses, which a group is shooting with The Flip, hence the digital film's title FLIP. And our fine actors all get to play double roles, so it's challenging for them, too.

But first things first, the 5 shorts of winter. I'll be hoping to write the FLIP script in winter and spring and be ready to go in summer. I've already cast it with our seven main actors, and if there are conflicts I can recast someone else.

No comments: