Sunday, December 21, 2008

Notes through an afternoon

Back to rendering video on BOTH computers: for the journal on one, getting YouTube files of the mocku ready for those sections I'm satisfied with. But a game is on the TV, the space heater is helping, and I have a glorious view of white trees outside my window. As long as we keep our power -- knock on my wooden head -- we'll be fine. However, the forecast has the bad weather hanging on longer than earlier forecasts, my shoot on the 27th may be in jeopardy. We'll see.

I have a dozen or so videos left for the journal -- get those rendered, and I'll just about done, the new journal ready. I have a huge bin of video to upload, only sanely done at the university with its T1 line, and this means getting there. We'll see how that goes, too.

The week between Christmas and New Year's I hope to catch up on the "writing" projects on the table (as opposed to video projects and editing). No lack of things to do. Keeps me off the streets.

I remember how the bars would be filled this time of year. Everyone trying to cheer themselves up, which actually worked in the short run. There could be fun times in holiday bars. During one period, G. at Nobby's used to host a free Thanksgiving dinner for all those without an invitation elsewhere, and from time to time I'd contribute something like shrimp aspec or oyster dressing, what used to be my two holiday specialties. More good times. Counselors are nuts to try and convince drunks that they didn't have fun. Drunks have lots of fun; they just cause lots of self-destruction, turmoil and pain as well.

---------

Rendering the last of the Wordstock poets. Seven more individual video readings to go. A few hours, not much, which I don't have to do all today. Looking good to finish before Christmas. That gives my staff a week to check it out for dead links and typos.

H is on a Charolette's Web kick, watching it for the second time in two days.

Sketch hates the snow, especially steep snow. He can't figure out where the hell to do his business. Finally crawled under a bush and did it there.

---------

The deck is swarming with birds since we're feeding them.

We're pretty cozy inside. Xmas music on upstairs, the game on in the basement. I'm rendering video and doing other things while it gets done. Eventually going upstairs, where it's warmer despite the space heater, and watching a movie or reading, something apart from the journal and the mockumentary.

No comments: