Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Mindless entertainment

Went crazy at the supermarket -- shrimp, scallops, mussels, chorizo, chicken wings -- looks like the makings for paella, or my version of it, which I can make while watching Oregon play Oklahoma State in a bowl game, a perfect evening of mindless entertainment, which is great for the battery. Also bought the makings for the next batch of scrapple and the New Year's blackeyed peas, one of my last traditions. If it weren't for the Army-Navy game and New Year's, I'd have no traditions left!

To think, in one week I enter the classroom. Need to get to tweaking that syllabus.

I ordered the script of MILK, see if I want to use it in Spring. I may drop the 2nd text I'm using, though some students have told me they like it.

It's a mellow day. I watched the complete hour mocku, minus the one short scene ... I like it but at the same time could jump off a bridge for a couple directing errors I made, though perhaps many audience members won't even notice them. Have to do with directing performances, a couple things I could have done better. But I'm too damn close to this any more, I've seen it all too many times, to know shit. We'll see how the actors like it, coming to it fresh.

No comments: