Monday, December 15, 2008

Rendering video

Rendering video on the old computer, writing here on the new. Should be working on a script but my energy is low, easier to write here.

The reading of Juniper Tavern on Wednesday got cancelled. They hope to reschedule in January. I hope they do.

Once I get all the video rendered -- several days, a week, more than a week? -- I should be able to throw together the issue pretty quickly. I do want to meet the January 1 deadline even if it's not the end of the world if I don't.

So the forecast has a storm coming Wednesday to dump even more snow than the past one, and yet another snow storm coming Sunday. We may be in this for a while. I'm glad we're close to the bus route.

Things I want to do before school starts:

* get the new journal out
* get John's 5 short scripts adapted (3 to go)
* finish the mockumentary
* get back in gear on screenplay
* get back in gear on novel
* tweak my syllabus

I sent the first page of my chamber opera in progress, the libretto, to LF in Los Angeles. I want her to take a stab at the music. I haven't been able to write anything that interests me. I wouldn't be surprised if she writes something good, even though she's never tried anything like this before.

When I have energy to do real work here, this setup is great, rendering video on one computer while I work on the other. In the past, spent a lot of time just waiting around for it to finish.

If I can render the November First Wednesday videos this evening, that's enough, and I'll hustle back upstairs, get warm, and watch the end of the football game.

No comments: