Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Plan

Dinner and a movie tonight with a friend. H said she'd rather be home than downtown at midnight, so after we get out of the movie around 10, I guess it's home to watch fireworks on TV or something. Sounds fine to me.

Today I need to look at my syllabus, and I need to finish up and release the review. Also, I am absolutely delighted with yet another plot twist in the Cold War novel, something I created years ago actually but that will fit here quite nicely. Maybe this is finally coming together after thirty years. What a concept.

Despite the economy, despite the predictions of doom, I'm looking forward to 2009. I don't have all that many years left, I sure as hell am going to enjoy what I have. As a philosopher once said, the only thing I can control is my attitude.

We saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button," which H liked better than I. She said it reminded her of "Forest Gump." Well, both were written by Eric Roth. Indeed, it had a similar storytelling strategy and similar pulling of the heartstrings. I more eagerly await "Revolutionary Road," though this is probably setting myself up for disappointment.

No comments: